Tanvir Hospital celebrates the World Obesity Day by organising 50 % off on Body composition and 50 % off on consultation for children and adults with BMI of > than 25.
Why do a Body composition ?
Body composition tell’s us the amount of fat, muscle and bone in the body. It gives a better insight into your overall metabolic health. Being thin and skinny is not always healthy, having adequate amount of fat, muscle and bone is important to live a healthy and meaningful life.
- World Obesity Day is Observed on 4th March
- People with obesity are twice at risk to be hospitalised if tested positive for COVID -19
- According to WHO :
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
- In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 650 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 38 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2019.
- Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
- Obesity is preventable.