Most vaccines prevent infections, There are two vaccines which prevent cancers hepatitis B prevents liver cancer, HPV prevents cervical cancer
Vaccines are available for newborns, children , adolescent, adults and for old people.
Travel vaccination is needed for travel inside and outside India.
VACCINATION IS RECOMMENDED AT ALL AGE GROUPS
Benefits OF NEONATAL, CHILDHOOD and ADOLOSCENT Vaccination are well known
- Adult vaccination can minimize the burden of illness in adult caused by vaccine-preventable diseases (VPDs.)
- Adult vaccination can reduce the risk for VPD transmission to at risk children.
- Adult vaccination is critical in individuals at higher risk for specic VPDs, particularly the elderly and those with chronic medical disorders.
- Weighing an individual’s risk for VPDs can help determine the need for vaccination, even if population based epidemiological data is lacking.
- During outbreaks of pandemic influenza, vaccination plays an important role in bringing down the disease burden.
- It is challenging to implement adult vaccination strategies even while target goals for childhood vaccination are not in place.
- Clearly, controlling infection through vaccination in adults must become a national priority for India